Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Moving from PC to Mac

Just like I mentioned in my previous posts, I had been a PC user for about 18 years before I started using Mac. Now when I look back and think why it took so much time to shift to Mac I found out that I was afraid coz I was completely ignorant of Linux/iOS. And being in the IT field one can surely say that one of the rules in this field is - One can arrogant but never ignorant :) . So, I had to really come out of this fear only by buying a Mac and start exploring it.

Back in 1990s when I first got my PC, I explored that stuff like crazy. I learnt how to hack that stuff. God knows, how many time I must have just formatted the system just coz I wanted to try something new. I was so fond of the defragmenting that I would just run the process and could just keep watching how the colors of the cells changed in the screen (lol). After using windows for sometime, I really had a feeling that I knew everything and I can do anything in that stuff. I felt I was Yoda (star wars);) . I presume it is this feeling that makes it in a way difficult to move on and try other OS. It was hard to move from comfort zone but I had to for my own good.

And trust me after moving to Mac I found that you can do lot of stuff in Mac as well. You can really hack the stuff. You can customize it and make it you own (precious). Even though it takes some time in the beginning, coz you have to learn everything form scratch, after some days I am sure you will feel - "Yes I am indeed Yoda". So this experience gave me the courage to try anything new. I will treasure the lesson learnt out of this experience - Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.”(Benjamin Frankin) So when we throw this "Unwilling to learn" our of our mind-box, the learning begins. Good luck to all who want to learn something new.

PS- Take at look at the Video (It is really hilarious :)) )

No comments:

Post a Comment