Monday, June 6, 2011

Simple Make-up/Skin Care for Summer

I think the word skincare really scares most of the women :) (trust me guys, it is really scary). It is because we have so many products and we don't know what to buy, but yet we want to buy something and apply something on our skin to protect ourself. I was never a make-up savvy person neither am I till today. Basically I don't like too much make-up for 2 reason
1. It takes too much time.
2. I don't like anything that makes me look artificial. (I feel confortable on my skin :) )
I am sure most of the guys do not like girls wearing too much make up.

So, let's start with the basic products you will need
1. Sunscreen lotion (Water Proof)
There are many sunscreen lotions available in the market. Pick any product with SPF (Sun protection factor)15 or more. SPF 15 filters 92 percent of UVB and SPF 30 filters 97 percent. Basically there is no much difference between SPF 15 and SPF 30. Make sure you get a water proof one because, it doesn't make your make-up look saggy after sometime due to the sweat factor :). And you can wear it and hit the beach or pool and yet be protected.
2. Foundation (water proof)
First thing about beauty is that we must feel comfortable with our skin color. Buy a foundation (Water proof)which suits your skin color. Most of the Foundations these days comes with SPF formula.
3. Compact (Water proof)
Initially I was also cynical with these water resistant products but I was amazed that they do work.
Get a compact which matches your foundation.
4. Eyeliner/Eye Pencil.
Eyes are window to the soul - so remember to give them some attention, (I mean to your soul ;) ) When we do an eye make up it really makes a difference.
5. Lip Gloss
A simple basic lip gloss will do. Just to keep the lips from drying out.
Process
1. After washing and drying your face, apply sunscreen to neck/face/hands/legs/back of the ears.
2. After the sunscreen has settled down apply foundation on face and neck.
3. Use an eyeliner/eye pencil do draw your eyes.
4. Apply compact.
5. Apply lip gloss/Lip stick.

Things To remember (Skin care for summer)
1. Always carry your sunscreen with you and re-apply every 1 or 2 hours.
2. Drink lots of water.
3. If you get hold of an aloe-vera/cucumber/strawberry face wash, buy it.
4. Eat Cucumber and strawberries. They have nutritions which helps your skin glow.

I am sure, just by following some simple steps we can have a simple, yet a great look. But guess what makes us really beautiful, it is just a simple SMILE-WEAR IT ALWAYS. If we are really happy and contended from within it shows on our face. So be happy and stay healthy and beautiful.



1 comment:

  1. Your article speaks the truth :) In fact, my purse carries most of the products you have mentioned :D.

    ReplyDelete